ESF HelpDesk in Baker Labs:
The HelpDesk in Baker Labs is staffed by ESF Students to help ESF Students. These dedicated individuals are there to answer basic questions or help you find the information that you need to improve your computing experience at ESF.
Location: The HelpDesk is located in room 317 Baker Labs. Help is available during posted hours.
Baker Labs HelpDesk Hours:*
Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30 pm
* Due to staffing issues that may be unforeseeable, the above hours are subject to change without notice.
ESF HelpDesk Services:
The ESF Computing Student Assistants can help you:
- Remember your SU NetID (should you forget).
- Change your ESF Password (should you not remember).
- Find information to help you connect to the EvergreenX wireless network or logon to public PCs.
- Find out where to go to get Antivirus software at ESF.
- Find any other specific information available on the cns.esf.edu Web site.
The ESF Student Assistants can not:
- Tell you what your ESF Password or SU NetID Password is.
- Fix your PC/Laptop hardware or software (see below for help with these issues).
- Disinfect your PC/Laptop of Viruses/Trojans/Spyware (see below for help with these issues).
SU Services for students at ESF:
Syracuse University Computing and Media Services offers many services that ESF Students can take advantage of. The key to these services is your ESF Student ID card. If you require services from SU, you should have your ID card handy in case it is needed.
SU Services of Note:
- NetID/Account management stations: A place to go for assistance is managing your SU NetID. This is similar to the ESF Baker Labs HelpDesk.
- FreshStart: Fee Service ($34.95 plus tax). ITS Technicians will rebuild a student's PC/Laptop using the disks that came with the system.
- Microsoft Office File Recovery: Fee Service ($34.95 plus tax). ITS Technicians will attempt (success not guaranteed) to recover Microsoft Office Files from a damaged/infested PC/Laptop.
- Microsoft Office Installation: Fee Service ($34.95 plus tax). ITS Technicians will reinstall Microsoft Office from disks that the Student provides.
- Troubleshooting Service: Fee Service ($34.95 +tax). "ITS Technicians will spend up to two hours in an effort to rid a computer of spyware and/or teach students how to prevent infections, troubleshoot and correct other problems, and assist with printer installations." (from ITS Web site). Success is not guaranteed.